Monday, March 14, 2011

Sleep

I can't sleep! I have a son who is nursing and sleeping soundly beside me, contently snoring away. (Too cute, I want to smother him in kisses) He usually wakes up around 4 or 5a.m. to nurse, then goes back to sleep until around till 8a.m.. After this my toddler wakes up at 6 a.m. I usually fall asleep around 2!

Let's do a little math shall we. . .
2a.m. sleep until 4, wake up to nurse = 2 hours of sleep
Nurse, fall back asleep around 4:40, wake up with other son at 6 a.m. = 1 hour 20 minutes of sleep
For a grand total of a whole whopping "drum roll please". . . 3 hours and 20 minutes!

Yes my friends, 3-4 hours of sleep is what I get a night! Realistically at no fault of my boys. They are both out by 8 p.m. (although the baby has hardly slept all day today, and usually he sleeps a lot. He fell asleep around 10 tonight.) Why don't I sleep you ask? I can't, I just can't. I am tired but sleep doesn't come! I sit here and I surf the Internet for nothing in particular. I look at beautiful shoes I cannot afford, quite a few that are more than our mortgage payments. I check out Net-A-Porter, I have a serious addiction to this site. I spend hours 'shopping' there a week, love it! I look for recipes, crafts for the kids, exercises etc. Basically anything to occupy time. If anyone knows of some sleep tricks send them my way!

So I am off to try to catch some sleep now! It has just occurred to me that with the time change my son will be most likely waking up at 7 tomorrow as that is 6 the old time. Although my body won't have 'sprung ahead' my mind will think I got to sleep in. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment